one of the biggest obstacles to living a mindful life is our own unawareness: we're unaware of how unaware we are.
Unawareness is more of a reality or a habit than it is a problem. However, when we speak and act in unawareness we create problems for ourselves and for others, making little (and big) messes here and there which we then struggle to fix, undo or otherwise clean up.
We can learn to live cleanly and clearly, which brings the natural consequence of fewer messes and less suffering. So instead of undoing things much of the time, we can practice non-doing some of the time and live with ease and happiness more of the time. Come practice and see for yourself.
drop-in for a mindfulness meditation session
During the fall 2015 season, the studio offers three weekly and three monthly drop-in sessions in 30, 60 and 75 minute sessions (with time for discussion in the longer sessions). Open to all levels. No prior experience required. And no two sessions alike. Come in, sit down and let yourself be guided, inspired and connected to your best self. Visit this link for more info.
join a practice group
These practice groups are specifically designed for adults with some mindfulness meditation experience who are looking for ongoing support in a practice community. The sessions include formal group practice, discussion of individual practice and a shared theme-based talk that supports members’ intentions to integrate mindfulness with everyday life. Initial commitment is for 6 sessions though members may opt to continue. Groups will begin with as few as four members; space limited to 10 per group. Pre-registration is required. Call or email to reserve your seat.
Choose from one of three options:
- Group 1 offered on 2nd and 4th Mondays from 6:00-7:00 pm (meets 2x per month)
- Group 2 offered on 1st, 3rd and 4th Tuesdays from 12:00-1:00 pm (meets 3x per month)
- Group 3 offered on 1st, 3rd and 4th Tuesdays from 7:15-8:30 pm (meets 3x per month)
- Initial member commitment for Group 1 or Group 2 is $120 (six 60-minute sessions) and $150 for Group 3 (six 75-minute sessions)
sign up for a mindfulness series
Pre-registration required for all series. To pre-register, please be in touch with your interest via phone (978-254-5105) or email. Include your name and contact info (your phone and email), name of program and your preferred form of payment (in person, by phone, via secure online invoice or check via US mail).
Beginning in November ....
Mommy and Me. In this 6-week series, we engage in age-appropriate activities to explore mind-body awareness and learn self-soothing skills. Includes stories and songs. For toddler – Pre-K ages and caregivers. Daddies welcome too.
- meets six tuesday mornings 10:30-11:15 am beginning 11/3/15 with 4 or more registered (no class 11/24)
- program fee of $149 per adult/child pair includes materials and a copy of betsy rose’s “calm down boogie” cd. $99 for additional child/sibling
- space limited to 8 adults and accompanying children. pre-registration required by previous thursday
Mindful Motherhood. Discover your capacity for present moment awareness with guidance and support. Learn basic mindfulness concepts and skills, including practices you can do at home to balance the busyness of parenthood. This 6-week series includes instruction, practice and discussion. Daddies and expectant parents are welcomed too.
- meets six consecutive thursday mornings 10:30-11:30 am beginning november 5, 2015 with 4 or more registered. no class 11/26.
- $199 per per mommy. includes related materials and a copy of "everyday blessings" by myla and jon kabat-zinn.
- space limited to 12. pre-registration required by previous monday
Mindfulness After School. A special series for Concord Public School students offered on early release Tuesdays. Each section begins with with 4 or more registered. Space limited to 12.
- Section 1: For children in Grades K-2 and a caregiver from 1:15-1:45 pm (30 minutes) on ten Tuesdays: Oct 20, Nov 3, Dec 1, Jan 12, Feb 2, Mar 1, Mar 29, April 12, May 10, June 7. Offered at $149 per adult-student pair.
- Section 2: For children in Grades 3-5from 1:15-1:45 pm (30 minutes) on Tuesday Oct 27, Nov 17, Jan 5, Jan 26, Feb 9, Mar 8, April 5, May 3, May 17, June 14. Offered at $99 per student.
- Section 3. For tweens/teens in Grades 6-8 meets six Tuesdays beginning in November. Dates TBA (no class Nov 24). Offered at $179 per student.
come in for a special event
Saturday, Nov 14, 2015 / Mindfulness Mini-Retreat
Come join us for a mini-retreat this season and learn to land with awareness. Participants will explore mindfulness together through teachings, conversation and practices. Meditations include alternating guided periods of sitting and walking, eating, speaking and listening. The program; which includes time for shared conversation about mindfulness, meditation and more; ends with a guided body scan meditation. Cushions, mats and blankets provided though feel free to bring your own. Prior experience not required though pre-registration is! Online registration available through this event link.
- Date/time: Sat Nov 14 from 10 am - 1 pm
- Cost is $35 per person if registered by Nov 1, $45 per person after Nov 1.
attend a monthly program
Happy-ness Hour for Families, 2nd Saturday from 4:00-5:00 pm. Open to children ages 3-11 and their caregivers. $30 - $45 / $45 family cap. Pre-registration required. Be in touch!
Mindful Parenting Practice Group meets on 1st Sunday from 7:15-8:30 pm/ $25 pp. RSVP required.
private and semi-private sessions on your schedule
schedule an individualized session or coaching appointment
Mindfulness practice reduces stress, increases flexibility and brings us into healthier relationships, beginning with ourselves. Attend a private, individualized session and learn about mindful awareness, compassion and insight, all of which are innate and available to you. Begin to integrate mindfulness teachings, practices and skills into everyday life and experience the everyday benefits. Every day.
Private and semi-private sessions and coaching appointments available in the studio, at your home or workplace, via phone or Skype most days of the week.
by appointment, most days of the week (evening times also available)
offering 45 and 60-minute increments (shorter sessions suggested for youth, longer sessions suggested for adults)
once confirmed, scheduled appointment times can be changed up to 24-hours in advance